Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Grandma Jana's Potato Salad

As many potatoes as there are people, plus one. Throw in another if you are a worrywart.

Put six eggs or more or less depending on the number of potatoes in a pan of water, add some salt, bring to a boil. Turn off the fire, put a lid on the pan and let sit for 20 minutes. Then cool the eggs under the cold water.

The potatoes should be boiling in the meantime (in salted water), and will probably be done when the eggs are. Use your own judgment. Don't let them get mushy. Drain and cool.

When the potatoes and eggs are cool, cut them into a bowl. Chop up some onion. I like green onions the best, but use what you have. Chop up some radishes.

Put into the bowl with the potatoes and eggs. Add salt and sugar, mustard and salad dressing (not mayo), in amounts you feel right. Cool.

By the way, this always makes too much.

<3, Grandma Jana

2 comments:

  1. I did not know there was a recipe for this, I thought Jana just did it. I'm so happy it's written down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she did just "do it," but I asked her to write it down for me in my "Life Experience Cookbook."

    :-)

    ReplyDelete